Good news for Bangladeshi citizen travelers that they can enter Sikkim now onwards. After several years of restriction for entering Sikkim the ban has been lifted on 21st Nov, 2018. In addition to Sikkim some other tourist destinations like Arunachal Pradesh, Ladakh has been opened for Bangladeshi citizens.
How can Bangladeshi citizens apply Visa for Sikkim
While applying Indian visa you will have to download the “special endorsement form” from the Indian High Commission website and then you have to submit it to Indian visa application centers (IVAC). It will take 3-5 days to get the approval for the same. Once its approved you can visit Sikkim.
How to reach Sikkim from Bangladesh
There are many ways to reach Sikkim from Bangladesh
- Through Burimari (BD) – Chengrabandha (IN) border which is situated approximately 77 km far from Siliguri. After immigration from Chengrabandha you can reach Siliguri by a 1:30hrs road journey by bus / cab. From Siliguri there are many reserved / shared cabs, private and govt buses which is going to Gangtok. Siliguri to Gangtok is around 4:30hrs journey. You can also reach Siliguri through Banglabandha and Fulbari border.
- Through Benapole (BD) – Petrapole (IN) border which is situated around 85km from Kolkata and it takes 2:30hr road journey. From Kolkata you have to reach Siliguri by train, by bus, by flight.
- By train: From Sealdah to New jalpaiguri there are quite a few trains which are running on daily basis. The most popular train is Darjeeling Mail which departs Sealdah station at 10:15pm and reaches New jalpaiguri at 8am in the morning. Other trains are Padatik Express, Kanchankanya Express, Uttar Banga Express, Garibrath Express, Shatabdi Express, Teesta Torsa Express. From new jalpaiguri the same route applies to reach Sikkim.
- By Flight: From Kolkata to Siliguri (IXB) Airport daily flights are available. From Siliguri the same route applies to reach Sikkim. The first airport of Sikkim has been inagurated a few days back which is Pakyong Airport (PYG). Direct flight from Kolkata to Pakyong is available on a daily basis now a days.
- By Bus: From Kolkata to Siliguri overnight volvo bus services are also available.
There are other entry points like Dawki (Meghalaya), Agartala (Tripura) to enter India from Bangladesh however not recommended if you are visiting Sikkim.
When you are travelling with your family it is always recommended that you reserve a cab and travel with ease and pre booking of cars are always recommended. You can contact Trip Partner Holidays – +91 8013349577 for your cab booking requirements.
Popular Places to visit in Sikkim
The major tourist destinations in Sikkim is
- Gurudongmar Lake
- Yumthang Valley
For more detail you can read our article 5 destinations you can not miss while travelling to Sikkim
How to make itineraries for Sikkim
While creating tour itineraries for Sikkim you might add Darjeeling as well which is another beautiful hill station and have a nice Bangladeshi crowd across the year. You can visit the Sikkim Darjeeling Package Tour page for sample itineraries.